With faster time to first frame and Real-Time streaming, you have more interaction, which leads to increased engagement that drives revenue. Find out how we can take your business to the next level.Learn More
Become part of the team that makes it happen
Phenix is an exciting and fast-growing high-tech company that is changing how people connect. Our technology revolutionizes real-time content delivery and provides means for human connection in the digital age.
Our headquarters are in Chicago's blossoming technology epicenter in the River North neighborhood, though our team is located around the world. We are always looking for talented people to join our ranks — focused, dedicated, inspired, fun people who are ready to make things happen.
We take pride in how we build our systems, mentor our team members and interact with our customers. We follow the manifesto for agile software development and practice SOLID object-oriented design. Most of us have extensively used many programming languages during our careers. We see programming languages as the means of getting things done, not the essence of what defines us as engineers. We become experts in new technologies not because it is exciting (it is!) but because it enables us to create something better and faster. We strive for end-to-end perfection in delivering flawless features to our customers. A happy customer is the ultimate reward for our time. We are egoless because we believe that everyone can learn something from everyone else.
Full Time C++ Engineer
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our streaming team.
Responsibilities: Building features for our real-time streaming engine in C++ that will be deployed to mobile, desktop and server systems.
- Robust background working with C++ with a focus on networking.
- Experience analyzing systems and identifying and solving performance issues.
- You are fearless! Refactoring and changing existing code to make it better and faster is exciting.
- Dedicated to getting it done. It troubles you to leave unfinished work behind.
- Passionate about real-time communication.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Scalable servers written in C++11 (preferably) or C++.
- Familiarity with TCP/UDP networking - RTP/SRTP/RTCP - ICE (STUN, TURN) - Video and audio over RTP/SRTP - WebRTC - SIP
- Familiarity with video and audio codecs - VP8 - H.264 - Opus - AAC - PCM U-Law
Phenix is hiring an experienced frontend engineer to help support the ongoing development of Phenix real-time video streaming platform that provides low-latency streaming at high quality and massive scale.
Responsibilities: Frontend Development in React and Angular
- React + redux experience (async actions (thunk or sagas), reducers, selectors)
- Angular 2
- Ability to write clean modular and reusable components
- Webpack + babel/transpiling experience
- HTML5 and Modular CSS
- Familiarity with frontend testing frameworks such as jest, karma/mocha and selenium
- Deep knowledge of cross-browser compatibility
- Experience developing for multiple platforms (OS, devices and browsers)
- Experience with mission critical software environments
- Experience developing real-time applications
- Experience with mobile development
- Node.js experience
Senior Director of Engineering
As Senior Director of Engineering you will be responsible for the development and scalability of the Phenix real-time streaming platform. As a key player on the senior management team you will be responsible for collaborating with Product, Marketing, Sales and Support to understand, clarify, prioritize and execute on the product vision, strategy, roadmap and operational plan. This role requires a strategic thinker with strong operational, project management and technical architecture skills combined with a demonstrated ability to deliver products with intentional and cohesive functionality; excellent usability and customer satisfaction; and high-scale, reliable and secure performance.
We Are Looking For Someone:
- Who has a proven ability to develop, coach, build and lead a strong engineering team with a culture that executes consistently and at high quality in a rapidly changing market
- Who is a hands-on technologist with experience designing large scale video streaming solutions
- Who can develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
- Who thrives in the fast-paced startup environment and is capable of anticipating and meeting business demands
- Who is an effective communicator with the ability to work with product and marketing to ensure alignment on strategy, priority and delivery schedule
- Drive technical architecture decisions for projects and lead efforts to ensure successful execution of strategies. Ensure architecture integrity and standards
- Develop annual operating and capital budgets aligned with business and technology plans
- Help identify technology trends and evolving industry behavior that may support or impede the success of the business
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences, etc.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related technical degree
- Proficient with multiple programming languages such as: C++, Node.js, Swift, Java, etc.
- Strong and current technical contributions and a track record of highly influential technical and leadership achievements
- Experience with microservices architectures and DevOps on any of: AWS, Azure or GCP
- Demonstrated ability to architect low-latency, high-load systems that scale to millions of concurrent requests
- Deep understanding of utilizing on-prem and cloud resources for both scale and resiliency
- 10+ years’ experience in leading engineering teams
- Working knowledge of op various ad serving technologies such as Google’s DFP, Freewheel’s MRM and third-party ad networks
- Video ad-tech experience, familiar with industry trends and standards including VAST, VPAID and Header Bidding
- Located in downtown Chicago (River North neighborhood)
- Competitive benefits package
- WeWork office space community benefits